Friday, August 29, 2008

Las Vegas Baby!!

Recently I went on a last minute trip to Las Vegas to see a friend that I have not seen in quite sometime. I ended up flying, thinking that I would be spending about the same amount between a flight or gas.. Which, by the way is really pathetic that gas prices are so high... So last Thursday I jumped on a plane and off I went. It has been several years since I have last been on a plane and really didn't know what to expect. In fact it has been like 15 years since my last flight so my nerves were on edge. The flight was very smooth, although take-off scared me a bit. Especially when I thought the plane had lost power and we were going to fall backwards to our deaths... But we didn't and I made it there fine. I guess I felt slightly safer, knowing that I was sitting right by the Emergency Exit and would be first down the big yellow slide. :)

I was there for four days and loved every minute of it. I was either at the pool, or doing my usual thing of shopping on the strip. I only had one slight problem when I became dehydrated and passed out on the strip. Don't worry though my friend Austin, whom I went to see, was right next to me and caught me before I fell to the ground. What a good friend right?? I guess it was my own stupidity though for chugging a double shot Margarita in 115 degree weather. Can I just tell you though the drink was so worth it... :)



I love all the shopping that you can do in Vegas that you can't in Utah. I went into Jimmy Choo and had a really hard time not leaving with the cutest pair of black pumps... The only thing that stopped me was the price tag and hearing everyone tell me I was crazy!! They were $865.00, but worth every penny. Then I went into Louis V store and found a super cute purse that they were asking $2800.00 for. I am putting that on my Christmas wish list... I would love if we had stores like Fendi, Dolce and Gabbana, Prada, Tiffany's or anything even remotely close to that in Utah... I would be all over it...

So I my flight came back last Sunday and my adorable boyfriend meet me at the airport. I really missed him while I was gone. But it was also nice to get out of town for a bit. I really needed it.

1 comment:

Allie and Fam said...

Thanks for coming back to the blogging world! We've missed you.